In my fortune cookie...

Make TODAY beautiful because yesterday is already gone and tomorrow hasn't arrived yet!

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Fun Evening

Well last evening I was suddenly struck with a severe case of cabin fever. :) You know the feeling...the house just seems to be sucking you into its interior depths of things you need to do and your body is screaming "LET ME OUT!!" So around 6:45 I couldn't take it anymore. It was gorgeous outside, beautiful sky, perfect temperature....it had to be done....we loaded up and left. Since one of our favorite parks is not too far away, we were soon there and thus began a night of allot of laughing. Everyone goofed around for a bit on the playground equipment and then we started our trek. Ok, let me rephrase that, it was supposed to be a trek and ended up being a short climb up "the hill" and then the fun began. Running down the only hill in this state, attempting to kick Gatorade bottles further than 2 feet, throwing sticks in the pond, watching the oldest and youngest two kids attempting to climb a palm tree...you know...FUN!!

After that we loaded up and went to the local DQ and "splurged" on blizzards and smoothies. As we finished those and climbed back into the van someone asked me what time it was. I informed them of the time and then said, ya know, we should drive to daddy's work and wait for him. They all hollered their agreement and after stopping at Wal-Mart to pick up some coffee filters so dad would stop using napkins....we arrived at Troll's work. Upon pulling into the parking lot, one of the kids suggested moving the Burby from where Troll had parked it. I quickly found this suggestion MUCH to my liking and knowing that it was soon time for him to get off work I put the plan into action. I parked the van, jumped out and ran to the Burby and then drove it way off from whence it had been parked. (LOL) Ran back across the "miles" of parking lot and jumped in the van (amidst much laughing) and drove to another section so that we could see Troll when he walked out of work.

Then we waited. All of us were giggling at the thought of Troll walking out to see that his beloved Burby was no longer where he'd left it. 5 minutes, 10 minutes..."there he is" someone squeaked out. Sure enough, out he came with 2 female co-workers. Wait for it........THERE!!! He's chatting away (like is so typical) and then BAM....stops dead in the middle of the road and stares at the empty parking space where the Burby had been. Unfortunately he looked in the direction of where I'd parked the Burby but then his arms go out in the "WHAT? WHO? HOW?" position as he stood there dumbfounded. The two co-workers looked around as well as all 3 tried to figure out what had transpired. I decided enough time had gone past and started the van, rolled down the windows and as we started to drive toward the trio, all the kids let out a massive holler. The trio in the parking lot jerked around in surprise and then died laughing! It was awesome! I will never forget the look on his face as once again....he got pranked! And to think....this time I had accomplices!! Man, I love my life!! :)


I think this is the only hill in the entire state so the kids were "conquering" it.

I was trying to get the kids to cooperate at the same time....uh yeah....that's virtually impossible.

Of course they wanted to be goofy!! I love them so much!


He's the only one that would pose with ol' mom. And then it ended up blurry....stupid phone!

No comments: