In my fortune cookie...

Make TODAY beautiful because yesterday is already gone and tomorrow hasn't arrived yet!

Friday, April 19, 2013

Dodge Momma!


 Two and 1/2 years ago my Saturn Ion died. :( It was a sad day for our family as we once again went to being a one vehicle family. We sat our kids down and told them that it was time to start praying that when the time was right, God would help us to get another vehicle. They took it to heart and there were many prayers prayed for this to happen. We explained to them that when God felt the time was right...it would all fall into place and happen just perfect.

Well yesterday Troll walked into a dealership...or should I say....he rode in on 2 1/2 years of prayer?! Lol! A little over 4 hours later...he DROVE out in our first brand new vehicle!! The kids were at school and I couldn't pick them up and get back home so they could see it before he went to work. So at supper I said, Ok kids...we had an answer to prayer that I need to share. They all stopped eating and looked at me expectantly. I said, We got a new vehicle today! Of course they didn't see it and just looked at me for a second. Then someone said, Huh uh!! I said, yup! Daddy went today and everything worked out just great and he took it to work! The hoots and hollers that ensued shoulda brought all our neighbors running! Lol! It was awesome to see how their faces brightened and I think I could even see their faith get stronger when they heard how God had answered THEIR prayer!

So....we would like to introduce you to our brand new, right off the truck, DODGE!! :) I've NEVER had a new vehicle...even as a kid....and seeing the odometer clocking in at only the miles from driving to work and to and from school...it makes me smile every time! But the biggest thing is that once again...GOD!!! Ha!! Yup, God!! Only because of Him did this work out and I am happy to lay this blessing to us at His feet! We still have the pickled clam (as we affectionately call the Suburban) that doesn't have a/c, the passenger side door won't open unless you put down the window, two of the windows threaten to not work every time we try, the seats no longer work so the kids have to climb over them, it has over 220,000 miles on it and it leaks when it rains (hence the name we call it) so its always welcoming us with lavish smells and dampness! Troll said he will drive it until it literally dies! It is still a blessing to us because now with two vehicles my running has just been cut drastically. So there ya have it!!! The latest in our news!
2013 Answer to prayer!!

Our first brand new vehicle!

 
The lowest miles I've EVER seen in a vehicle I've driven! Lol!
 
 


No comments: