In my fortune cookie...

Make TODAY beautiful because yesterday is already gone and tomorrow hasn't arrived yet!

Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Funniest Thing...

Let me tell you. I don't think I've laughed as hard as I did this morning in a very long time. In fact, the last time I remember laughing this hard was when something else happened concerning the person I'm going to talk about and it's a story only certain family members were told and other than that...I'll have to take the story to my grave. However, this story was told in church this morning and I just HAD to share it with all my blogger/online friends. Of course you had to have been there for it to be as funny as it actually was but alas...of all the days for me to not have a camera....



We were on our way to church this morning, on time and feeling pretty good about ourselves. We weren't 2 miles from our house when Troll looks in his rear view mirror and says, "What was that?" I, not having the "pleasure" of a rear view mirror, said, what? He says, "I think my Bible just fell off the roof!" I looked back and sure enough there lay something fluttering in the road. We turned around as I was thinking, how hard is it to put a Bible in the vehicle? In my small mind I wasn't really impressed. Troll parks beside the road and gets out. What ensued after is images I'll never get out of my mind. You'd have to understand that this was a major road leading out of town. People were darting here and there in their vehicles and I watched in utter amazement as Troll danced and weaved through traffic to pick up Bible, sermon notes, tithing check, papers, bookmarks and all matter of flying white/yellow things. The funny thing was that, as in a wind storm, these papers were not staying in one place. A vehicle or four would go by and off would fly more stuff. Troll madly dashed around, bending over to grab things while attempting to hold his pants up which I thought sure were going to hit the dirt at any moment. Things were scattered a good 6 or so car lengths on both road and sides of the road. And broadening to say the least. We were thankful that not one of those people hit his Bible and it came back to the van with just a few wrinkled papers. :-)

The message that he preached this morning was a phenomenal message. I couldn't help but think that the devil had other plans for this message and had it flew off two car lengths before it would have landed in the water as we'd just went across a bridge. One lady at church said, "The angels must've kept a hold on it until you passed the danger!" I can only believe that. We had a few seekers at the alter as a result of Troll minding God in what he was to preach. I was proud of him.

Just one more thing...

The moves I saw my darling husband perform along the road and in the road would have put the best of actors in the famous "Nutcracker" out of a job!!!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I have the biggest smile! I can picture him frantically grasping for his important papers as people cruise by watching this 6' man chasing papers with a car load of kids! Sounds like a Chevy Chase movie!

Stahl Family said...

This is too good!! I to can picture him hanging onto his pants and twirlling to the nutcracker as he chased his papers!! This is too good!!!
Amy