In my fortune cookie...

Make TODAY beautiful because yesterday is already gone and tomorrow hasn't arrived yet!

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Fact of the matter...

Ugh. A few weeks short of two months since I was on here last? That is just sad. :) Honestly I've had good intentions about posting but... :) Hee hee...you know how that goes.

Things have been going well here in the chilly, chilly south. This morning it was 44 and actually felt like 30 with the wind that was blowing. Some would say I've become a weak Northerner...and I'd have to agree! LOL! And you wanna know something really funny? Last weekend Troll sent me outta state for a weekend breather. The place I went to was 21 degrees, snowy and had ice laden trees...............and I took FLIPFLOPS!!! :) So retarded. I honestly don't know if I've thawed out yet. I will let you know in July.

Church has been going well. Had 45 in church this morning...3 up from last weekend. God has really been helping us and we're so thankful. Course some of these fine folks will be leaving us within the next few weeks due to the fact that they are snowbirds but hey...we'll take them as we can! I've heard nothing but compliments on how loved Troll is and I'm proud to say that I'm married to him! God sure does use him in a great way to minister to those of every "shape and size" and it makes my soul smile to see how ppl love him. Kids church every Wed eve is going great and I'm excited to say we are starting a new series this coming Wed. Puppets have been brought into it and Beeg has been doing a phenomenal job at helping with this. This next series will have a section in each night with "Enquiring of Enoch" which will give the Bible story from Enoch's mouth. I've had allot of fun in the writing of those stories....of which I only have 2 done! It takes awhile unfortunately. But I enjoy the challenge.

We have recently started the application process for ALL the kids to go to private school and I'm so excited in hoping that the oldest two will be able to go as well. Open house was the other night and it was my first time in the high school dept of the school. The teachers are amazing and the English teacher really made a huge impression on me. Jellybug has informed me that it will make English easier for her since the teacher seems to be an absolute riot. (Not that the other high school teachers didn't impress me.... in fact....Beeps has a crush on the one. Lol) If you think about it....help us pray it all works out. Troll and I both feel the older kids need this social interaction as well and we desperately want it to work.

Several exciting things happening in this month for us....2 of which I can't say in case "certain people" (my kids) read this but one is that on Palm Sunday we are having the Shrout Family in concert!!! YEAH!!! Been looking forward to this for a LONG time it seems. They are amazing friends of ours and of course excellent musicians. It will be so much fun to have them here for the weekend. The tears, friendship, and hilarity we've shared with Lucas an Hannah holds special places in our hearts and I know the time will go WAY too quickly.

Well...not much else to say really :) We are busy just like everyone else out there! In fact, time goes so quickly that it feels I just blinked and a week has gone by! I'm still as blessed a woman as ever and am ever thankful for all I'm blessed with. As I said on facebook this past week....there is nothing, and I repeat NOTHING, like a smile in the soul...............................and I've got one! :) Have a perfect week to all my friends!

No comments: