In my fortune cookie...

Make TODAY beautiful because yesterday is already gone and tomorrow hasn't arrived yet!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Today!

Well it's today :) That day we have looked forward to, dreaded, been excited about, been nervous about.....and thought would never come!! In a few hours my parents will be here and we'll load up our moving truck with the rest of our things and then go to their house to pick up the trailer and spend the night. Tues we'll be hitting the road.....Troll in the truck/trailer...me in the Burby. O, yea......and the kids tied down on top with the dogs mounted on the hood! LOL!!! We hope/plan to arrive to our final destination on Wednesday sometime early evening. We are excited about this new venture and praying God uses us to bless ppl and bring more into HIS kingdom.

So that's today. Now yesterday.... that was a doozy. Sigh. So many mixed emotions. Leaving a tremendous church family that picked us up and carried us thru some time of healing, loved us without needing explanations and accepted us for who we are as a family. Allot of tears shed...even from the kids. We will always hold Richfield congregation close to our hearts and pray that God blesses them for being such a blessing to us. Thank-you to a wonderful congregation and a terrific pastoral family in the McCarty's and their assistants, the Lenharts. Our kids talked for quite awhile when we left church on how much the loved Mr. Lenhart's teaching and how easy he made it for young ppl to understand Biblical things and how much they'd miss their close friends the McCarty's. We will always love all of them. God has truly blessed Richfield with a remarkable team of pastoral families.

We got to spend some time with family for lunch and then lots of visiting, funny stories from the past and reminding my one uncle how I thought he'd worn his slippers to church when I was a little girl! :) We also got to see my Gram for a little while and that was truly a blessing. Even tho she isn't up to par physically and of sound mind at times.... she's still my Gram and I love her dearly. Of course my Aunt Lyd regaled me with wonderful tales of all that she'd been up to of late... like fixing the neighbor's dentures, painting the dilapidated ol' farm truck and ordering 50 books for an amish neighbor off amazon! LOL! Gotta love the valley :) There were others of my family I woulda loved to have seen but time just wouldn't allow. :( I'm going to miss the birth of quite a few babies as well and that is hard to handle....me being the baby lover that I am. But I'm just imploring of those mama's....PLEASE TAKE PICS....LOTS N LOTS OF THEM!!!!!

So now I'm sitting here, wishing I hadn't packed the coffee pot up last night, thinking of all we need to accomplish today in loading and knowing that with God's help we will go far :) Literally!!! For those of you that have been on pins and needles wondering where we are going..... wonder no longer. Was it a secret? Nah! I just like making ppl wonder :) So for future reference...if you need our new address...just send me a message on facebook or I'll email it to ya. I really don't want to put it on here. :) I also wana say a BIG thank you to our friend that moved out of his apt. so we'd have a place to live these past two months. He's been a gr8 friend in so many ways and we are forever gr8ful.

Oh!!! I almost forgot to say where we were moving......

No comments: