In my fortune cookie...

Make TODAY beautiful because yesterday is already gone and tomorrow hasn't arrived yet!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Shadows of Sunshine

I recently was looking at some quilting sights and saw this pattern for a jelly roll braid. It looked intriguing to me so thought I'd tackle it. There are 280 pieces cut to 7" x 2.5" and then sewn together in 7 strips of 40. This is just the top (duh, lol). I now have to get the batting and put it together with the backing which is a white background with black vines/flowers. And then of course all the other stuff that goes along with a quilt :) This is the biggest one I've ever pieced and should finish out at 50" x 50" (give or take). Not necessarily REAL big...but big enough for my first that was bigger than a wall hanging. :) Duno what I will do with it when I'm done...but thought it'd be fun to make. I have a queen sized cheater top waiting for a quilt frame that I'm getting that used to be my Grama's that my Pap made for her. It's always been my dream to pass on my Grama's legacy/heritage of quilting. She's made quilts all her life I think. Including one for each of her grandchildren when they got married. I figured if I get started now....maybe by the time I'm a grandma I'll have one ready to go! LOL!!!

No comments: