In my fortune cookie...

Make TODAY beautiful because yesterday is already gone and tomorrow hasn't arrived yet!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wings

Here's your smile for the day :)

Last night we were on our way to the camp that Troll is speaking at this week. I'm not exactly sure what we were talking about but evidently at some point my unrepareable car came up. Not sure if we were discussing what we were going to do with it or what but from the back this is what we hear and what followed.

Bia says, "We need a new vehicle." I turned to her and said, Yes honey we do but we will just have to talk to Jesus about it. I then hear a big sigh (as if in resignation) as she says, "Ok, I'll do it. (even bigger sigh) But I already have talked to Him."
I was kinda taken back at her declaration and was getting ready to ask her what she had talked to Jesus about when she emphatically says, "Yup! I asked Him to give me wings and He didn't!"
I had to then explain to her that evidently Jesus decided that it was better for her to walk around and He doesn't always give us what we think we need. :)

It was a sweet moment. One in which I'm glad happened. It reassured me that even our youngest understood that we can ask even the most profound things and God doesn't care how crazy it may seem :) And I will add.... I'm glad God didn't answer her prayer for wings or I'd never get to see her :)

No comments: